Thursday, February 26, 2015

Yummy natural organic homemade lotion



Hello folks it's Jenny. My friends describe me as an over-the-top, uppity, hippy. According to them, I say things like: "do you have the grey poupon?", "is this tea 'fair trade'?", "No, I won't eat anything from that restaurant, they use a 'microwave' to cook their food" or "I don't like to put things on my body I can't put IN it".


All I have to say to that is: yes grey poupon is excellent in cucumber avocado sandwiches, yes I will usually choose red unless I'm having the chicken, yes you better pay those women in Asia their fair share for picking these damned tea leaves and why in the world would anyone put chemicals on their body on a daily basis?! Now don't get me wrong, Bath and Buddy works and Veronica's secret have gotten a good amount of my money. I loved walking into these place and smelling the smells, one by one. Seeing all the alluring colors and reading all those sexy names! But then one day I realized "I have no idea exactly what is in this 'Love Voodoo' and what makes it this bright purple color?" I then decided I didn't want to know. My hair, skin and nails and are just as important as my other organs. So why not feed my skin which is also my first line of defense against the outside world as well as I strive to feed my insides? Lets cut straight to it and give this lotion a go!






Things you will need:

Mixing bowl
whisk
Empty container to put your finished product in



4 TBSP. or 1/4 C. Virgin unrefined coconut oil - contains lauric acid which can kill harmful pathogens like bacteria, viruses and fungi, improves the moisture and lipid content of the skin , protects against hair damage and has been shown to block about 20% of the sun’s ultraviolet rays

4 TBSP. or 1/4 C. Shea butter - similar to the skins to the skins own oils, tons of vitamin A or retinol, has antioxidants that help fight free radicals in the skin

1/2 tsp. Raw honey - antiseptic, antioxidant and cleansing properties

1/2 tsp. Glycerin - emollient(helps skin retain water),reduces scaring

1 TBSP. or more Raw almond oil - rich in vitamins A,B and E, absorbs into the skin easily for fast moisture,
Plenty of cold pressed grape seed oil  - emollient, safe for sensitive skin, helps nourish, tighten and tone the skin without clogging pores or causing breakouts

first four ingredients in bowl and stir, slowly adding grape seed til it is your desired consistency. Once it's slightly runny, I like to stop adding oil and continue beating til I get stiff peaks and my mix lightens in color.

I use it on my entire body and can vouch for this as good for everyday use.

I will keep it PG and say that the reason this lotion is 'yummy' is because if you make sure all your oils are food grade and that neither one of you two love birds is allergic to these ingredients it works perfectly for massaging even the most sensitive... skin. You're welcome!

Eat Well not Less. Live Long, not hard and build a Divine Appetite! 

No comments:

Post a Comment